Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sounds of Freedom

Yesterday was the Hill Air Force Base Air Show. It has been a long standing tradition for me and my family. There are both static and flying demonstrations. Its like I said yesterday, the stunt planes are cool but they hold nothing compared to the jets! Just listening to the roar of the engines, whether from a modern fighter or the unique sound of the P-51 Mustang, gives me chills! I can only imagine what a sweet sound that roar is in times of need and distress! Just hearing them fly over head and knowing that they are there to protect me is all I need! Thanks to the men and women who serve!!!

A little old with a little new. P-51 Mustang (One of my FAVORITES!) on top.
USAF Thunderbirds, Diamond Formation
Flying through the diamond formation. The skill of these pilots is unbelievable!
All six Thunderbirds
Waiting for the endless line of cars to even move.

6 Comments:

At June 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Sissy Jackson said...

looks like fun!

 
At June 7, 2009 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Kim H. said...

I remember going to one of those, so fun! Cool photos!

 
At June 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Matt and I were there too! It was tons of fun. I had never been before. I'm pretty sure Matt will beg to go again next year, I'm game! :)

 
At June 10, 2009 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

My 6-year-old would totally love to go to that. We just spent over 5 hours at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum last week, if that gives you any ideas of how much he loves airplanes! :)

 
At June 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Texas Birds said...

great photos!

 
At July 9, 2009 at 4:12 AM , Blogger Mrs. Godfrey said...

Wow, Kristi was there, Jeanette was there, you were there...How cool is that?

I would have loved to have gone. It looks amazing. I never went to an airshow before I got married, but I married a man who LOVES planes and have now been to a few (and when you live by an air base, every day is an air show).

Glad you had fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home