Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm proud to be an American

I am Patriotic. I love my Country, I love the freedoms I have here and I love the people who serve to keep it that way. Call it genes, my mom, dad and grandma are the same way, call it the ARMY wife in me but anyway you look at it I love America! So it goes without saying that the 4th of July is my most favorite holiday, over Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween etc... The 4th has always been a big deal growing up, we did everything, parades, fireworks, BBQ, Carshows. I have so many fun memories of the 4th. So I know you are all thinking, it's April....The 4th isn't for 2 months why is she going off about it already???
Well the other day in the store I heard people talking about how "different" the 4th was going to be this year...well this comment intrigued me and I continued to listen...these people were went on to talk about how America is failing and does the 4th even really matter anymore?? I was appalled! Do they have NO idea what the 4th of July celebrates??? We are still free right? We still can make our own choices... yup last I checked, we still have the freedom to speak what we want and the freedom to bear arms (that one is for Dave), yes and yes! I think now more than ever we need to remember what the 4th of July stands for. I think we have become so spoiled we have forgotten how great America really is, sure we are in a little slump, but if history repeats itself like it tends to, we will recover...that is what makes us as American's so strong! Look at other countries throughout the world, we have no idea how good we really have it.
Well I am not one to let patriotism die, so this summer I am going to be more patriotic than ever! I am going to remind everyone I know just how great it is and how proud I am to be an AMERICAN! The flag blog...yeah its here for the summer, the music...its staying too. If you want to join me feel free too, let's remind everyone how blessed we are to live in the USA.
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave!

11 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Texas Birds said...

You gave my goose bumps! I AGREE! We Americans need to be grateful for all the many blessings we have. Why is it when the going get tough people want to bail? I'm with you, I stand as a proud American and will ever be grateful for all those amazing people who are defending mine and my family's freedom! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Sissy Jackson said...

I stand right beside you sister. Lets sing extra loud this year! I love you! Thanks for reminding me how much I LOVE AMERICA!

 
At April 28, 2009 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Stuart and Kimber said...

Let's ROCK this joint! I love America too! Cool post ~especially in April!!!

 
At April 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM , Blogger The Gentry's said...

I'm with you all the way!! I would've have been so tempted to butt into their conversation and set them straight. (Maybe that's the army wife in me.)
Americans have become too spoiled, you'd think this "recession" would bring them back to reality and back to the root of what is important and what it is to be American!?

 
At April 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Magoo said...

WOW! What an inspiration you are! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! You are a great american Margo, and we need more like you! I am a proud american, and will stand right beside you in stating what will STILL have as americans.

 
At April 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

I don't have words! You are amazing! Can you just hear my "AMEN SISTA!"

 
At April 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

Way to tell us!!! You are the best!! I will be celebrating right along with you I hope.

 
At April 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

You said it all! I agree with Marie though, I would have been tempted to set those wankers straight! :)

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Kate and Robbie said...

AMEN ARMY WIFE!!! I say we all sing it extra loud and piss everyone off who thinks that we are "failing". Failing my butt...Go to Canada. Thanks for standing up for us all.

 
At May 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Jesse and Mindi said...

Margo, I linked to your blog through Margaret's. WOW!! I love this post!! I think you pretty much summed it up, and I agree with everyword. I'm right there with ya!! I might have to copy and paste this post to my blog to pass this on! You said it better than I could've!! So sad that people don't appreciate what we have, but if we(the people) don't keppup the patriotism, know one will!! I love this!! You look so good. What fun adventures you've had. Where are you guys building?

 
At May 16, 2009 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Sheffers said...

AMEN!! You rock, thanks for the great reminder, it is great to be an American.
PS most of all thank you to dave for his service.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home