Saturday, September 5, 2009

I need your help....

It is 2:42AM and I'm bored at work. But that has nothing to do with this post. My question for all of you in blogger land is.... Dave and I have a week off TOGETHER the first of November. We want to get out of town. Problem is we don't know quite where to go. We would prefer somewhere warm and I would prefer ocean/beach.... I have looked at so many places online but I'm weary of going sight-un-seen to some resort/3rd world country....get my point? This is where you come in. Anyone know of a great place that is not super expensive that we can go and have a nice, relaxing time? Any help would be great! Thanks

12 Comments:

At September 5, 2009 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Stuart and Kimber said...

Jackson MS!!!!! OF COURSE! (No, really, Destin, FL. You fly into Mobile, AL and it's 35-60 minutes away. Very inexpensive. Water fairly warm because it's the part of the gulf.

Think about it!

 
At September 5, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Texas Birds said...

TAYLOR, TX!!!! It's warm and there's a beach- okay it's a lake but it's WARM! As far as relaxing- the kids are gone from 7:30-3pm. Not to mention i know a great Mexican restaurant and fabulous bbq! If that dosen't work- there's super great deals right now to Europe. I'll forward you the email. Love ya- and we would love to have you!!!!

 
At September 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Texas Birds said...

seriously...Germany with air, hotel, breakfast and taxes $794! I loved Germany!!!!

 
At September 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

hawaii!!!!! That will always be my answer I think. I love it there. I will be coming down as soon as we get finished with hay which should be this week!! So that means probably next week! I am excited.

 
At September 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Sheffers said...

duh, thats simple, the VILLAGE! We have a sand box and I will put the pool next to it. Didn't you say 3rd world country? jk I say go see alicia.

 
At September 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Stephers said...

We have been to San Francisco to a place just outside called HALF MOON BAY. It is beautiful there. Just find a place in San Fran or in the towns just outside of Half Moon Bay. You will love it.

 
At September 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Sissy Jackson said...

Hoot says, Vegas. Josh says, MEXICO...Betty said Hawaii. Im thinking Mexico. Thats where I would go. CHEAP, great food...pool,beach,shopping and tons of stuff to do...Let me know if you want our place to stay...Love you. p.s. how was that Ice cream from Dans???

 
At September 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

I know this amazing B&B, perkes are it is free! Extremely close to great beaches, rainforests, waterfalls, and did I mention the best company EVER!!! When did you say you were coming to the Island of Enchanment? No worries, I will hold a room for you 2 crazy kids!

 
At September 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

My parents go to Playa Del Carmen almost every year and love it! November will be the best time to escape to somewhere warm! :)

 
At September 11, 2009 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Mrs. Godfrey said...

CORONADO! Seriously. Stay at the Navy Lodge on NASNI. They've got a FANTABULOUS beach, awesome local restaurants (Miguel's, The Brigantine), downtown San Diego...
I could go on and on!
Coronado!

 
At September 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

I'm with Nancy. Love San Diego anytime of the year! (Although it may be a tad cool in November, but still warmer than her). So jealous, anything sounds fun!

 
At September 30, 2009 at 2:09 PM , Blogger The Gentry's said...

Mesa Arizona would of course be the best place to visit for heat, oh but there isn't much water! Dylon does have a pool and sand box though ;)
Rocky Point, I've never been there but everyone from here swears by it and says it is the best place to go. I think it is in Mexico bordering AZ.
Hope you find somewhere fun and sunny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home