Sunday, October 12, 2008

Consumer Warning!!! and other updates

When we moved into the new house we decided that it was time to go for the hand-me-down furniture, a fresh start if you will in a new house. So we went to a local furniture store and picked out the perfect furniture, well that was almost 7 weeks ago and I just barely got my furniture on Friday!!....Why you ask, did it take so long?? Let me just tell you, NEVER I repeat NEVER buy ANYTHING from Ashley Furniture. We have had the worst luck with them and to top it all of they have terrible customer service!! First off they don't keep any furniture locally so it is all shipped from Arizona (Which pushes your delivery date back about 2 weeks), which we didn't mind when we ordered it that was about when we were going to be moving in. WELL the first attempt at delivery they showed up at the wrong time, you know: we will be there between 11 and 5 and they showed up at 10:30, so I was at work and Dave was at school taking a test. SO while our furniture bounced around in their truck all day the loveseat was damaged---puke. So yet another 2 weeks later.... Dave arranged to have the furniture delivered last Friday while I was in Logan as a surprise, well he had one of his own, THEY BROKE THE CHAIR! That makes 2 out of the 3 pieces of furniture purchased have been damaged...and we have not received one discount or even an ounce of caring from their customer service dept. Well that's my story, sorry so long. Just warning you, be a better consumer than I was and shop locally!

On a happier note:
I have found my sport. They say everyone has a sport that they excel in well mine is arcade bowling, think Skee ball meets bowling--great fun. In the real bowling world I have never even come close to breaking 100 without bumpers. My dad recently acquired this arcade game and Saturday night I "bowled" a 185! Go me! My family says its because I am short and was closer to the game but I disagree, I think it was mad skill!
Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about. Great fun! I will challenge anyone, just bring your own dimes!

4 Comments:

At October 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM , Blogger windsormom said...

Margo's dad says "don't bet when you're bowling with Margo"

 
At October 13, 2008 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Sorry to hear about your furniture woes! Post pictures of your house all decked out. I want to see!!!

 
At October 13, 2008 at 9:52 AM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

That suck about the furniture. I can't believe that they are still in business. Glad that you finally got it though.

 
At October 14, 2008 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

Mad skills for sure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home