Sunday, December 7, 2008

Time of Year....

This season is one of my favorites. There are so many things that I love about this time of year.
Spending time with Family. We had Thanksgiving at my house, it was so nice to have family around and space to fit them all in.

Spending time with Friends. Yesterday Alicia and the girls came to visit in Logan, they all three got sassy new hair-cuts. I am blessed to have the friends that I do, you all know who you are and I don't know what I would do without you!

The reason for the season. Last night we went to a live nativity complete with live animals (donkey, camel, sheep, goats, african cows, zonkey- cross between a zebra and a donkey ) What a neat thing. The whole thing took place in a barn and we all sat on straw bales. The choir sang Christmas songs while a narrator read the Christmas story. I wish I had pictures, but the barn was dark and I didn't want to use my flash and scare the animals. Some were already kind of freaked out by the people and singing. In this day of materialism it is nice to have a reminder of my Savior and what he has done for me. And why I really celebrate this time of year.

Snow! I love snow! Just wish we had more of it.

Winter sunsets, I took these pictures from my front yard last week.

Furry Horses, I just had to throw the two furballs in. They smell soooo good up close!

Decorating for Christmas. We don't have our tree yet, but hopefully by the end of the week. This is my mom's tree, all 21 feet of it.

6 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Texas Birds said...

It sounds like you had a blast. Wish we were there. We're still holding on for 2012! Dave's dreams better come true. I love the snow pictures!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Harmony said...

Do you still have any snow? Ours is non-existent! Maybe by Christmas...
Love your mom's Rockefeller Square sized tree!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Kim H. said...

That is one big tree...when we come out this summer can I. ride your horse...she is wayyy into horses right now.

 
At December 8, 2008 at 12:09 PM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

That is a huge tree!! Cute pics too, I love the sunset. I am glad that it snowed a little here today so that it actually feels like Christmas.

 
At December 8, 2008 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Sissy Jackson said...

Loved the girls hair. You make me Laugh!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Julie said...

How fun! I love the pics of the snow covered mountains, you don't see that here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home