Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's no secret, 4th of July weekend is my FAVORITE! This year was especially fun, with the 4th falling on Sunday, it gave us all the more days to celebrate! A fun filled weekend of car shows, BBQ's, Fireworks, Parades, Chuckwagon Breakfast, the Tabernacle Choir... and the list goes on!

Logan Fireworks Friday night. Met Margaret & the kids to watch them.


Ashton, singing, dancing and rocking out to Neil Diamond...

Saturday, the car show. After not taking any cars last year, dad decided to make a statement this year and take 7. The weather was perfect, definitely not too hot, in fact I was in a sweatshirt wrapped in a blanket till about noon. The Cruise 'In is always an adventure... Dad goes to watch cars the rest of us go to watch people.. Seriously I grew up in Cache Valley and I still don't know where 90% of the people crawl out of! Interesting folk! Oh and we were 10 numbers away from winning the give-away car, pretty bummed about that one! Oh and Chuckwagon breakfast #1 Saturday morning...

Sunday morning, Mom, Jill, Josh & I drove to SLC to see the Tabernacle Choir's Patriotic program. It was beautiful! Always great to see them live. Plus it was COLD, in the 40's when we left Logan, and only low 60's in SLC! This is July people, global warming my butt!

Monday, Hyrum parade with the firetruck! Mom made Chuckwagon breakfast #2 (her's was the best). Sis, Josh, Hooty & Sophie were in town from Michigan and decided to come along and see what the firetruck and being in a parade were all about. As usual it was a huge waterfight from start to finish.. Several of us still have the war wounds to boot! But so much fun! BBQ monday afternoon. A super busy, but fun weekend!!

BEFORE:
AFTER

2 Comments:

At July 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Sissy Jackson said...

God Bless that Fire truck, Sam & Judy...we had a blast...THANK YOU!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Mrs. Godfrey said...

Ohh, that last picture brings back memories. It looks like you had a blast. I miss July in Utah. It's like a constant party the whole time. And the parades...and the Cruise In...And Raspberry Days...
I'm glad you had fun. Maybe sometime I'll make it back and we can teach my kids the fine art of chasing down salt water taffy. (I don't even like taffy and I still reminisce about that).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home