Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oregon

Last week Dave and I braved the gas prices and headed out on a road-trip to the Oregon coast. It was our 5th year anniversary & we were going to both be home so we decided to make the most of it. We had a great time and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Its still up for debate if we will drive again, going up was beautiful, but home through Nevada....not so much. Also up for debate...Will we ever get Dave on a small fishing boat again? (You'll have to get that story from him). All in all a great trip! We didn't even spend as much as we thought we would on gas, the Pathfinder pulled through for us and averaged 20mpg!!!




Haceata Head Lighthouse


The Coast on a beautiful Sunny day!


Yaquina Head Lighthouse.
The round rocks made the coolest noise in the waves.




Sea Lion Caves, they were supposed to be in
the cave, but this time of year, they like the rocks
outside. So we paid to ride the elevator down to
see an empty, stinky cave.




The Fish we caught. Rockfish. Not too pretty to
look at but supposedly good eating. The quota was the
6 fish per person. Of our 12 fish, Dave caught 11
and I caught one....but mine was the biggest!




Wild Donkeys on the way home through Nevada. This
was about the most exciting thing we saw in this brown
boring wasteland.
Starfish Rescue Mission

At Agate Beach in Newport, Dave spotted two starfish stranded on the beach during low tide. Being the nice person he is he picked them up and threw them back to sea. What a nice guy! I am sure they were very grateful....
Can you see the starfish in the air, He's
got quite the arm too. He wanted to
wade out further, but his shorts were
getting wet and the water is extremely cold.
So he just chucked them....nice.

2 Comments:

At June 26, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Stuart and Kimber said...

That brown boring wasteland was our old home!

(We agree with you however.)

It's interesting that there are as many different shades of green here in the south as there were shades of brown in the west.

Congrats on the anniversary!

I've always wanted to visit the coastline. I bet it was beautiful!

 
At June 26, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

What a fun trip, I want to go there so bad and don't know if I can wiat until next year. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home