Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Honduras

For the past few summers Dave has had the chance to go to a foreign country for a few weeks and do some humanitarian work. This summer he is in Honduras. He is having a great time, minus the being sick and needing IV's for a few days. He is using his Spanish as a translator in local schools and helping local communities with building and food drops. He won't be home for another week or so, but he did send me pictures, so I thought I would share them too!


Hiking, he says the climate is high desert, hot and extremely humid!


Food Drop at a local village.

4 Comments:

At May 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM , Blogger The Crookstons said...

Cool pics. How that he is feeling better, that is scary to be sick with no wife to take care of you. ha ha

 
At May 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Harmony said...

I only wish I could get rid of my hubby for that long! Just kidding, I'm sure it will be great when he's finally home. By the way, when are you moving?

 
At May 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Stuart and Kimber said...

Great pictures. Although, I'm struck by how they delivered the food in the food drop - Wal-mart bags are everywhere! (not that they say "wal-mart" on them, but that's what we call all plastic bags, because so many of them come from there!)

I didn't know you were moving!!!

 
At May 23, 2008 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Kim H. said...

Looks like fun! In a working, hot, sort of way:) Did he enlist again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home